Monday, November 16, 2009

Custom boot logo for the iPhone

Used pwnagetool 3.1.4 last night to upgrade my iphone 2G from 2.1 to 3.1.2. My baseband is unlocked at bootloader v3.9 and the bootneuter step from the pwnagetool merely verified that. I chose not to upgrade the baseband to v4.6 for now. Rest assured, the tool works and I’m still unlocked! :)

These are the custom boot and custom recovery logos I slapped together quickly last night. You should be able to download and use the images directly:

iPhoneBootLogo-TCCiPhoneRecoveryLogo-TCC 

The trick to getting them to load correctly is:

  1. The file should be saved as a PNG- only RGB or Grayscale.
  2. The PNG needs to have transparency turned on. Just leaving the check box checked while saving doesn’t really do it right:
    SNAG-0171
  3. Zooming all the way in and deleting a 1x1 pixel from the image ensures the transparency is retained when the file is saved in photoshop:SNAG-0172
  4. Dimensions need to be less than 320 x 480 and the image needs to be a single layer.
  5. Though not the case for the above, the iphone has a ppi of 160, not the usual 72.

I think the result looks pretty cool. :)

025552

No comments: